If you walked into your bathroom and opened your cabinet, how many skin care items would you see? Most women have whole shelves full of items because they want perfect skin. They want to be well maintained and they want a flawless routine that keeps them looking young and feeling great about their appearance. But buying the newest and best treatment only works if you use it. And when we talk about graceful aging, the key is in developing a skincare routine that nourishes your skin daily.
Often Women fail to develop a routine because they make it sound so complicated - and it really isn't. You don't need to buy a lot of products. You need to buy the right products and develop a routine that becomes a habit. If you don't already have a skin care regimen in place, these easy tips will help you start today.
5 Tips for a Great, Simple Skin Care Routine
- Cleanse. Most people think of cleansing their face in the morning, but it's far more important to do it at night. Make sure you remove all of your makeup, either at the end of your work day or before you go to sleep. You can add an exfoliate to your routine a few times a week, too.
- Night Cream. The biggest part of keeping your skin supple and reducing the signs of aging is in making sure that you properly nourish your skin. A great night cream with Retinol works while you sleep to restore and improve firmness. Our Uptown Retinol 2.5% Cream provides amazing results for eye areas, as well as face and neck.
- SPF. No matter what the season, you need to apply SPF coverage daily. People often don't think of this in winter and fall months but exposure to the sun will damage your skin even when it's cold or overcast. You can choose makeup with SPF coverage or you can add SPF moisturizer to your morning routine before putting on your makeup.
- Don't Forget Your Neck. No matter how elaborate or simple your skin care routine is, you never want to forget your neck and upper chest area. So many women skip this in their moisturizing and it's immediately apparent. You especially want to include these areas in your SPF application because the upper chest - collar bone area is prone to a lot of sun exposure
- Hydration. You might not immediately think of this in your skin care routine, but not drinking enough water will have an immediate impact on your skin's appearance. Add water to your mandatory "to do" list and you'll notice an improvement in your skin, as well as your overall health.
These five tips can help you get started on a great routine that's very simple to maintain.